May 09, 2020
I love breakfast. And I used to love eggs. But when I discovered what it does to the body, I knew I had to make a change. Still, this was easier said than done. Honestly, it was a process to move through this and the first time I made this dish, I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Since I did, this has been a Saturday morning special that I can run to easily.
If you are new to eating vegan, I highly recommend you add some nutritional yeast to this dish. Personally, I think it tastes great on day one, but taste best on days 2 and 3 when the seasons to marinate a bit.
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 medium-size sweet potatoes
- Sweet potatoes are optional but go well with this dish. These can be cut into slices and baked at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Otherwise, you can use sliced bread or a wrap.
- Drain your tofu... I like using a tofu press, it gets the job done quickly.
- Use your hands to mince tofu
- Season tofu with salt, pepper, turmeric
- Heat coconut oil and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Scrape to one side of the pot. Then add in onions and peppers and let those cook for a few minutes.
- Taste and adjust flavors.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast for extra flavor. Store leftovers for another day.